I guess this photograph of an Asian woman reading the newspaper is a good opportunity for a quick news round up:
- Interest rates are down by 100 percentage points as the Reserve Bank tries to help with increasing economic downturn. let’s hope the banks pass this directly to the consumers
- Kevin Rudd splashes another 12 billion dollars in cash to low income earners. In practice, a lot of this money will end up with long-term unemployed, who choose not to work and have not contributed to the economy ever. They will spend it on drugs, alcohol, and gambling. I personally think such handout should go back to taxpayers via a tax cut for working people, who do contribute to the economy.
- Rafael Nadal wins Australian Open
- Damages caused by heat wave in South East of Australia cost in estimated at a billion dollars. At the same time Western Europe is in the grasps of the coldest and most severe winter in decades. And there are people still in denial about the climate change.
- Australian dollar has lost one cent every day in last week as investors worldwide locate their money in … US dollar. Yes, for some twisted reason the money is flowing USA way, even though the current economic crisis was caused by the USA economy.
- We are now in the Chinese year of the Ox.
- Google marks every website in the world as dangerous courtesy of slack programming / data validation